Welcome to the ExamNet® Update Center!
Current Version: 2018.5 released 6-12-2018. release notes help with servers
Performing steps below will bring your ExamNet® version up to date.
To see if your program is older than the current version shown above, start ExamNet® and when the logon screen appears, look in the lower right hand corner of the logon screen to see your version number. If the current version above is a higher number than what is shown on your software --you need to update.
ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE: Norton 360 has been known to report a "false positive" as if ExamNet's updater is a threat. Norton 360 will allow you to go through the motions of the update below but no update will be accomplished. If this happens DO NOT disable your anti-virus software. Instead, start Norton 360 and release the file "eh.exe" (examnet's update file) from "quarantine". We have reported this false positive to Norton but there is no way of knowing how long it will take to be cleared. As an alternative you can also choose Settings/AntiVirus/Scans & Risks/ExclusionsLowRisks/SignaturesToExclude and select c:\ehuni\eh.exe
Important! Make sure all users have 'Quit' out of ExamNet® or the update will not happen!
1. Click the link ---> Download/EN/ExamNet_Updater.exe
2. For Windows 10, screens similar to the ones below may appear.....click RUN
Note: if you are not given the option to 'Run', go to your 'Downloads' folder and double-click on ExamNet_Updater.exe from there
3. A security warning similar to the one below may appear....click MORE INFO
4. ExamNet_Updater.exe will now appear in the blue box....click Run anyway
5. One final hurdle to jump, click... Yes
6. The ExamNet® updater is now running and will display a small screen shown below.
The "Unzip to Folder" needs to match the drive and folder where ExamNet® is installed! (see red notes below).. then click.... UNZIP button
IF ExamNet® IS INSTALLED ON A SERVER so multiple users can access it contact your IT department to help you with this update.
By default, ExamNet® is installed on 'c:\ehuni'. However, your ExamNet® may have been installed on another drive letter and/or a folder of a different name or on a server. To find out where your ExamNet® is installed, right-click the ExamNet® icon on your desktop, then choose 'Properties' and look at the 'Start in' line. This is should match the 'Unzip to folder' shown below. If it does not, alter the 'Unzip to folder' to match it before proceeding.
6. When the screen appears: click OK
7. Now click "Close" on the window shown in step 6.
8. Start ExamNet and make sure current software "R" number is showing in the lower right-hand portion of the screen.
SPECIAL NOTE: If, after performing this update, you find that the MEASURE screen LIST tab no longer displays columns, perform the following steps:
Sign on as Syswide, Go to 'Setup', then 'User Preferences', and then 'Reset Default Column Widths'. Now 'Quit' ExamNet and restart.